Watermelon Sugar High…Watermelon Sugar High!!!! I cannot eat this delicious, refreshing salad without think of this song. Ok, Harry Styles is sort of cute too!
Summer is such a wonderful time to try different types of salads. Especially when the weather is hot, You may prefer something light, hydrating, tasty, and of course healthy. I have been making this quick, easy watermelon salad for years, and it’s always a favorite. The blend of the salty feta with the sweet watermelon is so tasty! Any five-ingredient salad recipe that I can find, and it’s good, I’m sold. I hope you enjoy this mouth-watering, fresh watermelon salad. Side note, you can add arugula or any favorite lettuce if you feel you need the greens. Enjoy!
- 6 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup feta cheese ( I love the Israeli feta from Trader joes)
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze
- In a large bowl, combine cubed watermelon, red onion, feta, and mint. Mix until ingredients are well combined. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar or glaze if using. Serve chilled.