As summer is dwindling and the kids are back in school, I am now getting into a better routine and eating a leaner diet. I have been splurging on my diet, and instead of doing my 80/20 diet, it has been more like 20/80! I will not be hard on myself; I move forward and start all over again. I found this recipe, and it was a huge hit in my house. I have never used Pork Panko before; it is delicious; what a great alternative to bread crumbs. I hope you enjoy this great recipe!
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 cup Pork Panko
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried fennel seed
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp salt
- 16 yellow squash, spiraled – I used spaghetti squash instead. (click link for directions on squash)
- 8 tbsp pesto
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Use your hands to combine the ground chicken, salt, eggs, fennel, grated parmesan cheese, garlic and pork panko. Form uniform meatballs about 2 tbsp each and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Roast meatballs for 15 min on center rack. Turn heat up to 500°F and spray meatballs with olive oil. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Toss spiraled yellow squash with pesto in a pan on medium high heat for 2-3 min. Top with chicken meatballs and serve with freshly shaved parmesan. Enjoy!