Need a great salad to pair with something you are making on the grill? We were having guests over and wanted to BBQ salmon on the grill. I was looking for something light but hearty and delicious. Thank you to Jessicagavin.com; I found the perfect recipe. The blend of the fruits and vegetables with the lime dressing was so delicious, and of course, the jalapeño was the icing on the cake. The best part is that it only takes 30 minutes to make! I hope you enjoy it as much we did.
- ▢ 3 cups diced avocado, ¾-inch dice (about 3 large avocados)
- ▢ 2 cups English cucumber, quartered, ¼-inch thick slices
- ▢ 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ▢ ½ cup radish, halved, cut into ⅛-inch thick slices
- ▢ ½ cup red onion, 1-inch long, ⅛-inch thick slices
- ▢ 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper, optional
Cilantro Lime Dressing (about 1 cup)
- ▢ 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ▢ ¼ cup lime juice
- ▢ 2 tablespoons honey
- ▢ 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ▢ 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- ▢ 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ▢ 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ▢ ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ▢ ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ▢ ½ cup avocado oil, or olive oil
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise, twist to separate the halves. Remove the pits, then cut them into about ¾-inch dice. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or foil if not used right away.
- To the bowl of avocados, add the cucumbers, tomatoes, radish, red onion, and jalapeno pepper. Cover and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lime zest, lime juice, honey, cilantro, apple cider vinegar, minced garlic, dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper. Slowly drizzle in the avocado oil, consistently whisking until a thickened dressing is formed. Taste and season with more salt and pepper as desired.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, gently toss to combine. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.