Tonight my customers (my family) requested fajitas. I found this recipe that I am sharing with you. You have to be a dummy not to be able to make, it is that easy. Not to mention, this recipe is healthy, delicious. I know when my food is a big success when my customers go back for seconds and thirds. I hope your customers will be equally satisfied!
Steak and Shrimp Fajitas
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1/2 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 bell peppers cut into strips
- 1 onion cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes optional
- 1 lime juice
- flour tortillas
- shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to broil
- Mix together spices and salt, and set aside.
- Cut steak against the grain into thin strips. The thin strips allow for the steak to cook as quickly as the shrimp.
- Add all the peppers and onions into a bowl, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and half of the fajita seasoning.
- Drizzle the shrimp with the other 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and toss with half of the remaining seasoning.
- Sprinkle the rest of the seasoning on the steak.
- Add the peppers, steak, and shrimp to a sheet pan in a single layer.
- Add the baking sheet to the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve steak, shrimp and fajita veggies with tortillas and optional toppings.