It’s summertime and definitely party time. With the pandemic slow dissipating, people are ready to get together, have cocktails and enjoy. When it is hot out, I like a light, cool, refreshing cocktail, and of course, easy to make. I also like to make it slightly healthy without so much sugar. Included in this post are five easy, little ingredient cocktails that are delicious. I hope you enjoy it!
- 5 medium-sized ice cubes
- Rosé wine
- Club soda
- Slice of lemon
- Place ice in a glass.
- Fill the glass half full with wine, then top up with the club soda.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon.
White Bubbly Sangria
- 1 (750mL) bottle white wine
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 2 kiwis, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar, or more, to taste
- 1 (750mL) bottle sparkling white wine
- 8 sprigs mint
- In a large pitcher, whisk together white wine, peaches, kiwis, raspberries and sugar.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Serve over ice with sparkling white wine, garnished with mint, if desired.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, plus extra for garnish
- 4 oz clear rum
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- juice of 2 limes
- 6 oz club soda
- In a food processor or blender, puree blueberries until smooth. Set aside.
- Add mint leaves and sugar to a cocktail shaker. Use a muddler (or the end of a wooden spoon) to muddle the mint and sugar. Add the lime juice, rum, and pureed blueberries: shake vigorously.
- Pour ice and club soda into two tall glasses and then pour in rum mixture. Gently stir. Garnish with a lime wedge, extra blueberries, and a sprig of mint. Serve immediately.
Watermelon Gin Fiz
- 4 cups watermelon, diced
- 2 limes
- 1 1/3 cup Ginger Ale
- A few chunks of watermelon frozen, for garnish
- lime wedges, for garnish
- 3 oz Gin
- Puree the 4 cups of watermelon in a food processor or blender
- Pour through a strainer. You should have about 1 cup of watermelon juice.
- Fill each cup with ice.
- Pour about 1/3 – 1/2 cup of watermelon juice over the ice into each glass.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime.
- add 1 1/2 oz of Gin to each glass.
- Pour in 2/3 cup of Ginger Ale, and stir.
- Garnish with frozen watermelon and a lime wedge.
Pineapple and Jalapeno Infused Vodka Cocktail
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 diced jalapeno, seeds removed
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice
- 6 oz lime or pineapple flavored sparkling water
- Pour the vodka into a glass jar and add the sliced jalapeño. Seal the top with a cover or lid and let sit overnight to infuse
- When ready to assemble the cocktail, combine one shot of the jalapeño infused vodka with 2 tablespoons pineapple juice and 6 ounces sparkling water flavor of choice (lime or pineapple works best)
- Add ice and pineapple tidbits if desired.
Want more healthy recipes and lifestyle guidance? Get your daily dose of lifestyle advice on Young Like B. We curate blogs on how to develop a healthy lifestyle in San Diego with opinions from industry experts! Read more about us and how we hope to empower women through our lifestyle blogs.