I have always loved cabbage; however, it is served, in a salad, stuffed, sauteed, or even fried. There are many great health benefits of cabbage, such as; help with inflammation, improve digestion, lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol. Cabbage has a high content of Vitamin C and Vitamin K.
I found this recipe, and it has become a staple dish in my household. It is super easy. Enjoy!
- 1 TBSP plus 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 medium head green cabbage, cut into 1/2-inch thick round slices
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 1 TBSP of olive oil. Lay the cabbage slices on the baking sheet and brush the tops with the remaining 2 TBSP of olive oil. In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, and fennel seeds. Sprinkle evenly on top of the cabbage.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until cabbage is tender and edges are browned.