My husband Andrew would have dinner at his grandparent’s house once a week when he was younger. His grandmother Marion or better known as Mema was a fabulous cook. Her kitchen was a revolving door, with children and grandchildren coming in and out to eat various meals. Her dishes were simple yet delicious.
One of his favorite entrees that Mema made is the “Shake n Bake little chickens.” Yes, you heard it, good ole fashioned Shake n Bake. This brand has several seasonings, but oddly, it is the BBQ GLAZE that is hard to find. I order my seasoning from Amazon. In my recipe, I add a little baking soda to the seasoning to make it extra crispy.
- 4 lbs party wings or drummettes
- 1 box Shake n Bakes BBQ glaze seasoning
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- Line a baking pan with foil (I like the nonstick foil)and spray it with nonstick spray
- Rinse the chicken wings and pat dry. Make sure you get them dry.
- Take a pack of the Shake N Bake bbq glaze seasoning, pour it into the plastic bag.
- Add a Tbsp of baking powder to the bag. Shake seasoning to mix.
- Add three chickens at a time to the bag, then close the bag with your hand and shake to make sure the seasoning coats the chicken.
- Arrange the wings in a single layer.
- Bake wings for 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on how crispy you like them