OMG, I finally got my alkaline water unit installed in my home, I’m so excited !!!
I discovered alkaline water about 20 years ago at a yoga, hiking, cleanse retreat called The Ashram. Then at another yoga hiking retreat, The Pearl Laguna, where alkaline water was the primary water source for filling up our Camelbacks for our hikes, drinking with lemon and teas.
After being educated on all the health benefits of this water, I started receiving deliveries of the alkaline water from a company in San Diego. I had this water delivered for about ten years, and it was not cheap but worth it because I was drinking ‘adequate” water and not going through a ton of plastic bottles.
When our world shut down in March, all my kids came home, and the water consumption grew. We were going through water jugs at a fast pace, and the company where my delivery came from was running out quickly. At the same time, this was happening; I found out that the company where I was buying the alkaline water from isn’t indeed selling the PH water that is good for you.
After all these years, I finally purchased an Enagic Kangen alkaline water system from Lifetime Water, in Solana Beach. My good friend Robin Colvey (manager) educated me on which unit to buy and helped me figure out the best place to install the unit in my home. I’m not going to lie; these units are not so pretty and have a lot of tubes sticking out everywhere. I was even more excited to be able to install my system under the sink in a cabinet.
There are a lot of skeptics out there who don’t believe in this alkaline water thing (like my husband)!!
Why I believe in this alkaline water?
Before I go into any of the health benefits of alkaline water, I want to reiterate the importance of drinking water. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am obsessive about drinking water.
Why is water important for us?
- We as humans are made of 60% of water
- Our blood is made of 90% of water
- Helps maintain the balance of fluids in our bodies
- Helps digestion, circulation, creation of saliva, transport of nutrients
- Keeps the temperature in our body
There are so many more reasons for the importance of water that I could go on and on. Now I want to focus on the “special” water. …A L K A L I N E…
The alkaline system isn’t only for drinking. My Enagic Kangen has four different settings acidic, beauty, clean, and drinking. Seems complicated and a lot of work? You need to figure out all the great things you can do with all the different types of water. So far, I have been amazed at what I have been able to use.
2.7 PH and lower Strong Acidic Water – THIS IS NO JOKE!!!!
The 2.5pH Strong Acidic Water, which is also known as Hypochlorous Acid, is a type of chlorine. Hypochlorous Acid is, in fact, completely harmless and more effective than bleach!! It kills bacteria and fungi. In Japan, they have been using the 2.5pH for several years to sanitize and disinfect everything. They have been using to sanitize for Sars, Mersa
- Sore throat/canker sores- I have gargled with the 2.5PH, and my sore throat and canker sore have gone away in one day.
- congestion- I have used the 2.5PH in a nettie pot, congestion is gone the next day
- disinfect toothbrushes
- treat strep throat
- skin infections, acne
- eye infections
- food poisoning from Salmonella, MRSA, Ecoli
- better and safer to use than hand sanitizer
- commercial use to sanitize and disinfect stadiums, restaurants, nursing homes
4.0-6.0 PH Beauty Water
The beauty water is slightly acidic and great to use for gentle cleaning items such as food and beauty care
- washing face/brushing teeth-I keep a bottle of the water under my sink and wash my face and brush my teeth
- wash hair/bath
- wash pets
- using in the rinse cycle
- dishwasher-throw some water in the bottom of the dishwasher instead of rinse aid
- polishing-mirrors, glass
- housecleaning-removes dirt and residue without the sticky feeling
- cooking beans- acidic water speeds up the cooking time and cook to perfection
- washing fruits and veggies-colors and tastes are more vibrant
- fried food- comes out crispier with this water
7.0 PH Clean Water
This water is a three-layered high powered cleaning water that will clean chlorine and rust
- medication- great to take with this water
- make with baby formula
8.0-9.5 PH DRINKING WATER
8.5ph is where my setting is most of the time—getting rid of those plastic water bottles that are wasteful and ruining our planet. I fill my recyclable glass water bottles at least three times a day. It tastes sooooo good!
- Drinking- I drink this water all day long, big difference in hydration
- Food preparation-wash meats
- rice-soak in water. Tastes and texture is noticeable
- coffee/tea-noticeable color and flavor so much richer and use half the coffee amount
- soups and stews
- animals-make your shampoo, noticeable difference in the fur
- crafts- mix with color or fabrics and noticeable color vibrancy
11.0 PH and up. Strong Kangen Water
This strong Kangen water preserves hygiene due to its cleaning effect
- Food prep- cleans vegetables and fish.
- Cleaning- disinfects cutting boards
- stain removal-coffee, soy sauce, toilet bowl stains (ew!!!)
- beauty- I use this water to take off my makeup instead of makeup wipes