Quarantine time means lots of cooking time. Cooking healthy is essential right now for everyone. I finally pulled out my Instant pot, and now I am obsessed. You can make the perfect hard-boiled eggs in 5 minutes, where the shell falls off. I have made chili using fresh beans, not canned, and it took 10 minutes. Today I made butternut squash soup, and from beginning to end with prep time and cooking time, it only took 20 minutes. Here is the recipe that I followed from Danielle at the Creative Bite https://www.thecreativebite.com/pressure-cooker-creamy-butternut-squash-soup/#mv-creation-37-jtr. It is so delicious with the pepitas on top. Here you go
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp. diced garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh ground ginger
- 2 lb. butternut squash, peeled and cubed (1 medium squash)
- 1 medium apple, peeled cored and chopped
- 1 tsp. sage
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 3 c. chicken stock
- 3 oz. goat cheese or cream cheese
- 1/3 c. Parmesan cheese
- Salted Pepitas for garnish
- Turn your Instant Pot on to the Saute function. Add the olive oil, onions, and bell pepper. Saute on high for 4 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add the cubed squash, apple, sage, chili powder, sea salt, and chicken stock.
3. Place the lid on your Instant Pot and move the knob to seal. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes and do a quick release of the pressure.
4. Using an immersion blender in the Instant Pot, puree the mixture. I didn’t have an immersion blender, so I just used my Blend Tec blender.